Wednesday, March 11, 2009

House Row & Squares

A couple of months ago I picked up my crochet hook for the first time in over 9 years. I don't know what type of stitch I knew how to do before, but it was pretty basic and I had made a couple of one color, plain square blankets. It was so easy to do I even taught Big J, now 16 then 6 how to crochet. Anyway, thanks to the inspiration of Ms. Lucy at Attic24 (if you haven't visited her blog, your really must it is simply amazing!) I decided to teach myself to 'granny square'. So after many hours in front of the computer, some colourful language and three temper tantrums later, I figured it out!!! Now the first square I made, is probably the largest granny square ever :: currently 4ft x 4ft. Even Mr. VW said, "Aren't you supposed to make a whole bunch and join them together?" Hmpff!!! I said. Of course you bl**dy well are, but the first row is so blinking hard I don't think I can do it again!!! I was wrong. I did it again. Then again. See, down there?


Big Mother Granny......

Colorful Grannys......
Both are of course still a work in progress :: as with most of my projects.
Here is another little project I just had to share. I love houses, especially old ones, I wonder how many stories they have to tell?
I hope you are inspired today.
Toodles...L

1 comment:

Goosey said...

Lovely house picture, I keep meaning to try and make one but haven't yet. Nice blog too.