Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Get Well Soon....

The computer that is. Actually it is better after a rather pricey trip to the computer repair shop. Hence the reason for the blogging absence. About two months ago Mr. VW treated me to the "little" beauty below. I had a pokey slow desktop that I rarely got to use because Little J hated me being downstairs while he was upstairs playing in his room. This one I can litterally fit in my handbag! Anyway, stupid me let the virus software lapse and then I wasn't able to renew it and even though I hadn't gone on the internet, I transferred a file from my desktop that apparently had a virus! Not having my computer for a week was like missing an arm! A few stern words from Mr. VW and a trip to the 'puter doc it's all better now.

So to take my mind of my silly mistake I got sewing. You may remember me posting this pic a few weeks/months back.
My first attempt at what is apparently called a "little" quilt. I decided that we needed a touch of my home in our home, so i made this one and let it 'age' (my new term for being to lazy to finish something) in my quilt basket over the winter with the promise of adding the stars from the flag - still haven't done it but vow to by month end.
Then I decided I wanted to do something green and thought I needed to 'unite' the two flags of our household - so I made this one. I plan to hang all three of them together - USA, AUS and HOME (hence the house).
I am quite pleased with the way they turned out, although my camera refuses to do them justice!
Will try to blog again sooner than later....toodles...L

No comments: