Friday, July 10, 2009

The 'Attic 24' Bag!!!

I am gobsmacked at how happy I am with my "attic24" bag and I cannot thank the marvelous Lucy enough for sharing this super pattern with the folks in bloggerville. I just keep looking at it and smiling. Turned out far better than I imagined with my crap crochet skills. I may have gotten a little carried away when I added the crocheted pocket on the outside and lined the inside, but as I plan on using this bag as a daily carry all, it needed a few 'comparments'.

Intially I was just going to use the pink & white polk a dot fabric, but it didn't match so well. I had just a teeny tiny fat quarter of the top strip, which I thought matched really well. Needless to say, I am super smiley happy with this one!
Poor Pigpen may look like the sad and reluctant model, but she is merely relieved this project is finally over and she will no longer be left to fend for herself :-)
Just one last look......

Loving this one....

6 comments:

byPetra said...

Wow Louise, you made something great out of it! I didn't dare to start with this project, because I thought it would take too long to finish, but maybe I'm going to give it a try now :-)

Around the hook said...

Hi! Thank you for your comment on my blog :)

I'm actually doing a bag, like yours but with an other stitch! I really like your motive, did you stitch it on or did you do integrate it in your rows?

Attic24 said...

ooooooooooo I really LOVE your atticbag!! What an inspired idea to add a pocket on the front, it looks amazing and finishes the whole thing off perfectly. My next bag (design is forming in my brain at the mo) will def have a pocket I think, so many thanks for the inspiration!
Lovely to visit with you, your blog is great.
Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Around the hook said...

Thank you Louise for your comment!

Soon my "atticbag" trial is finished, it does defo look demented ;) Maybe pictures on tonight, we'll see!

Have a nice day :D

Tabiboo said...

I love your crochet bag and adding lining and a pocket - fantastic.

Nina x

ps. 'hello'

Anonymous said...

What a lovely job you've made of this bag. I love the colours and all the things you've added - the pocket etc. Gorgeous!
Siobhan