Friday, July 31, 2009

Number 17


So today, as usual on payday Friday (which coincidentally is the only day I ever seem to have any 'spending' money) I stopped by the local fabric store. Wasn't looking for anything in particular, didn't have much $$ to spend. Normally due to short arms and long pockets I never buy the frivolous items I fall in love with. Today, I lost control and bought these little hearts. Then upon my arrival home, I rushed past the starving family and messy kitchen to whip up a little pin cushion just for them! I used a few tiny scraps in my waste basket and then decided to try something other than straight stitch on my machine - which happens to have 59 amazing stitches! I known in the vast sewing machine world, this is probably pocket change, but last machine did straight and zig-zag....nothing else. It's kinda hard to see, but I think it is used for crazy quilts and I top stitched it on the seems. So check out #17 from my little Brother.

1 comment:

marigold jam said...

Love the little hearts - came across some like this but with little flowers for heads recently and apparently they lie flatter than normal pins when doing patchwork? Love your little assistant too - he's so-oo cute!

Jane