Sunday, September 20, 2009

Green


When I was a little girl, my favorite colour was green. I remembering always insisting that none of my art work was complete until it had some green on it. Sharing a room with my younger sister I won the paint colour war - green - bright green to be precise and I believe it was called "Parrot Green" (she had a love of orange). I even had a shocking green quilt for my bed and I was lucky my school uniform was green. I still love green, but the only green room in my house is the dining room and navy blue is the dominant colour in my life.
The latter part of the week has been rainy and miserable, but it has saved my dying garden and made it green again.......I have also been finishing a certain project with a little green. :-)
The weekend was kind to us in the end and today I spent the afternoon with my family at this wonderful local lake.
While lying on the green grass, admiring the gorgeous greenery, I realized that very soon it would all be a glorious shades of orange.....and I wondered if my sister far away in the land down under still loves orange? Must ask her next time I ring!
I do know when the trees are a blaze with their autumn oranges, we won't be dipping our toes in the water for a long time.....

7 comments:

The Garden Bell said...

What a great spectrum of green. It's one of my favorite colors. Love the tree branch, heart and thread... too cute with the little feet in the water.. but I'm guessing...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

marigold jam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marigold jam said...

Deleted previous comment as it was full of typos! What I said was that I loved the photos and the one of the lake is beautiful. I have never thought of green as my favourite colour though many of the things I love are green like the trees, countryside etc. but your post is making me wonder...

Enjoy the last days of summer - soon it will be too cold for dipping little toes in the water though the autumn colours may make up for that. Now oranges/golds they are my favourite colours!

Jane x

Around the hook said...

Ohhhh I love green! it's such a beautiful colour! :-) Relaxing but happy, soothing yet lively!

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

Green is a glorius colour as it is all around us it brings joy and happiness so warming to!
i love the heart and the picture of the lake :)
hope you have a nice week!
Lucy x

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

Green is a glorious colour as it is all around us it brings joy and happiness so warming to!
I love the heart and the picture of the lake :)
hope you have a nice week!
Lucy x

Vera said...

Beautiful blog sorry that you don"t have followers.

have a nice day