Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Brown Thumbs?


If a person who can't get anything to grow can be considered to have brown thumbs (as opposed to green fingers - least that's what my Mum used to say), then what do you call a person who is sewing challenged? Puckered fingers maybe? Well it's not that I am having problems with sewing so much, but with the maths involved with designing your own quilt pattern.....must follow more of the measure twice :: cut once plan.
Now, what shall I do with the scraps generated from my inability to slow down?

My new policy is going to have to be, think three times, measure twice, cut once :-)
Now I must get on with the handing stitching and get this finished.....before I abandon sewing completely. :-)

4 comments:

The Garden Bell said...

I think it's great... Keep going. I do love all the fall colors... But, I guess you have about as much patiennce with this cutting stuff as I do... Hang in there...

Jessie At Home! said...

You may have had some trouble getting there, but it looks great. I really like the double boarder. The patched inner boarder is a very nice touch! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the hand stitching.

Around the hook said...

It looks great!!!!!

Really nice!

Hmmm I'm posting a post now of my first patchworking, quite catastrophic... so those leftovers are quite small in my opinion ;)


XXX

marigold jam said...

Looks like the just the time for a bit of crazy patchwork to use up the scraps! They would be fantastic to use in a crazy quilt or even just a small item.

I do know what you mean about thinking twice and cutting once as I am always in such a rush I don't fully read the instructions first etc..... :-( !