Saturday, November 21, 2009

Crochet for Technology

Oh this little creation was a real eye roller for Mr. VW. He even shook his head in dismay! I wasn't phased....men just don't get the crochet love.
It only took about three evenings, a few episodes of Fawlty Towers (available here online)
and some rummaging through a jar of buttons for this to come together.
Besides my crochet, I love my little piece of technology.....

and I decided it needed a nice little piece of crochet heaven.
Apparently it needs a little "de-fingerprinting" too :-)

The wonders of yarn, a hook and some simple crochet stitches :: technology meets crochet love.

8 comments:

marigold jam said...

Brilliant! Why shouldn't we mix the best of modern technology with the best of hand made! Love the flower and the bag is great - is that yarn multicoloured or did you use more than one colour?

Jane

Around the hook said...

Nice!!!! Especially that computer cases are so utterly boring! This is fun! Would have made one but actually no need, my comp stays on the desk... But I'll do a little case for the Iphone or the HTC, if I get it as present for Christmas!

Love the little flower!

XXX

Annalisa said...

OH THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NICE!!!!
I want one too!!!Luv the flower upon it:D
lovely lovely lovely and so trendy!
Annalisa

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

Awww i think it is really cute :) i love crochet!!!
Lucy xx

Felicity said...

oh its lovely and practical! fliss xx

Jessie At Home! said...

I love it, Louise!!! What a great idea. Your yarn choices are great, too!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable. I did one for my daughter in felt. What stitch did you use?
;D in OKC

Anonymous said...

beautiful! I think I will make one like it!