Friday, November 6, 2009

The Final Round


Happy Friday folks! I hope everyone is well and enjoying their Friday. Little J and I are enjoying a lazy day at home - no school :: no work. The sky is blue with fluffy white clouds and we still haven't made it out of bed! :-)

The final two purple rounds are complete on my crochet love blankie.
And here it is! The final round of my crochet love blankie. The yarn isn't my exact favorite choice, but has my craft bank account has been frozen by my accountant (aka Mr. VW) until I use up some of my stash, I had to use what I had. Mr. VW works on the theory if you buy it, you should use it - he doesn't get the enjoyment out of admiring fluffy balls of yarn or stroking gorgeous fabric and just looking at them.

Now don't get too excited, I am still working on the fancy edge.
Hopefully this will be finished by the end of the day.......hopefully. :-)

4 comments:

marigold jam said...

It looks lovely Louise.

What is it with men that they can't seeunderstand the enjoyment to be had from just looking at lovely yarns and feeling them and thinking of what you MIGHT make one day whereas they see nothing odd in having a stash of nails and screws and other boring ironmongery and yet if you ask if they might put a nail in the wall to hang something it always necessitates a trip to the DIY store since they never have quite the right ones!!

Guess it is the diffenence between the sexes or something.

Have a good weekend and hope to see the finished blankie soon.

Jane

The Garden Bell said...

I just hate when those MR.s getting involved in building up our stash. They have no business in freezing our accounts. Don't they realize it our additions could be far, far worse. I have the same thing going on here. I have learned to hide my goodies away and save those spare pennies... anything to keep building that stash.

Love this new blanket and can't wait to see the whole thing with a big TA-DA reveal. Hope to see soon.

Have a great weekend.

Around the hook said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it finished! Hurry up ;)

Ohhh looking at balls of yarn is a pleasure! :D I might have about a stash of 200 balls, it's terrible ;)

XXX

Louise said...

Oh Jane, you are so SPOT ON with Mr. VW!!! I honestly thought I had the only husband who has more nails than the hardware store, but everytime you ask him to hang or fix something, it requires another trip to the store for more nails!