Friday, November 6, 2009

Finally Friday - It's Done!

It's done! The dust bunnies have been multiplying under the sofa, the beds have been left unmade, the vacuum remains silent in the corner, dinner is burning as I type and I have spent my day hooking with great fury to finish it :: finally :: the crochet love blankie is complete.

The weather blessed me with a chance to take my photos outside.
I L:O:V:E this blanket, I loved every second of making it and it is beautifully warm and snugly.

It has pride of place on the back of the sofa.

And here is a little peak at the project I tried so desperately hard not to start before the blankie was finished.

More on this new project tomorrow. I am off to tend to the burning smell wafting from the kitchen. :-)
Happy weekend folks!
P.S. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my blog, they are very much appreciated!

6 comments:

marigold jam said...

Looks great now it's finished - bet you are pleased with it? I thought for a minute you had put a green fringe on it in the first picture then realised it was greenery in the background!

Jane

Around the hook said...

Yay! It's totally and utterly FAB! Same as Marigold, I thought also of that green fringe! Haha!

Sooooo some snuggly times with Blankie yet?

How was dinner? :-)


XXX

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

That is utterly gorgeous, my mum has just finished making my bed blankie should be on my blog soon
hope you are well Lucy xx

The Garden Bell said...

Wonderful. Don't you love when you can take a project outside and take pictures in the sun. It's something we all do. I don't know why, but we do. Great colors.

Not too worry we all get those dust bunnies, especially near the end of a project...he-he...

Hope dinner didn't burn

Annalisa said...

Looks wonderfull!Great colors,i love it!
Have a lovely weekend.
Annalisa

Jessie At Home! said...

WooHoo!! It's done! It is crochet LOVE!! I hope it is being snuggled and cuddled. Looking forward to seeing more of the hearts.