Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Trip to the Park....BRRRRR

We decided to venture out today in the snow with the sleds to our favorite park. It was a spur of the moment decision and I don't think we realized just how cold it was outside - - - BRRRR - - - my gloved fingers were freezing!


The boys however, weren't the slightest bit bothered by the freezing temperatures trudging up and down the hills.
I decided to warm my fingers by snapping a few things that caught my eye in the snowy white snow.
Cold toes - very C:O:L:D toes!


I love the whiteness of the snow and how it frames the last of the oak leaves.

It's quite possible this will be my last post of 2009, so I'd like to wish you all a very Happy New Year. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such lovely comments - they really are a big highlight to my day. I am excited about the new year, it always feels like a fresh new start.


- - - - -HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! - - - - -

7 comments:

The Garden Bell said...

Brrrrrrr.... I know what those trips to the park are all about. Especially, with the gloves off taking pictures. But, looks like fun was had by all. Isn't it amazing what you find now to take pictures of that you never would have before you started to blog.

Annalisa said...

:) although very cold, I bet you all had a lovely day! I wonder how it feels like to have such a cold winter..here today's 25°C again...it doesn't really look like winter! :(
Wish it could snow a little..! I remember my childhood/adolescence in northern Italy(I come from there!), when we had always white Christmas and cold and we went to the park and it looked like your photos :) good old times!
Happy new year to you and your family, and thank you for your lovely comments on my blog! :)
Annalisa

Tabiboo said...

Blimey that does look cold, but good fun!

Happy New Year and here's to 2010,

have a good one,

Nina xx

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

You have had a lot of snow!!! Very cold and wintery!
Have a happy new year.
Lucy xx

Crochetoholic said...

Oh My that looks so much fun but burr is right. We have a cabin in the mts and my son went up this past week and said it was 16' there...yikes! I am freezing here with 60'...Happy 2010

Annalisa said...

there's a fabulous award I wasnt to give you!:) for your lovely blog..just click on the link below and follow the directions!
Love,
Annalisa
x

award

marigold jam said...

Thank you so much for your kind supportive comment on my last post - I have been truly amazed at the number of kind and supportive friends I seem to have made in the short time I have been blogging. Glad to say I am back in circulation again now that the Christmas decorations are all packed away and the new year well and truly started.

Your trip to the park looks chilly but fun!

Jane x