Sunday, January 10, 2010

Knitting again?

Yes I'm dabbling in the world of knitting again. Don't fret, something simple - a scarf. Of course I'm not using a pattern (still can't read them) and have created my own 'pattern' after making my first mistake on row four. :-) I always thought knitting was a slow process, however after spending 9 hours in the car yesterday, my scarf is now long enough to go half way round my neck!


Now I REALLY need to learn how to read a pattern. If by chance you know if a good book or website that would help me learn, the link/details would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Sunday :-)

7 comments:

marigold jam said...

What lovely yarn Louise. I will get my thinking cap on and if I come up with a website will let you know.

Jane

marigold jam said...

Have just had a quick check of the web and there are loads of websites offering info on How to read a knitting pattern - this one seems to me to be very clear and might be worth checking out http://www.wikihow.com/Read-a-Knitting-Pattern Hope it helps. Wish I lived nearer I'd pop round and help you over a cup of tea!

J

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

Your always seem to get gorgeous bright colours in yarn or fabric. Our local shop recently seems to stock up on quite dull colours, I think the dull winter skies have had an influence on their choice!!!
Lucy xx

Annalisa said...

I hope you will manage to read the pattern,I know it may be difficult at first!
Good work!
Hugs,Annalisa

Yiota said...

My mum taught me how to do different knitting patterns and I even made a sweater with four different patterns on it when I was a student, but if you asked me to do that now I wouldn't know where to start!
Love the colours you had chosen for your scarf!

Around the hook said...

I absolutely love The colour and it looks really Nice!

The Garden Bell said...

Sorry, I'm in the same boat when it comes to knitting patterns. Plus, being a leftie make it even more challenging for me... But, the yar, that yummie, yummie yarn...