Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lookie!!!!

In the mad dash that is the weekday mornings here at the Gephart, whilst trying to encourage a rather rotund ginger moggy to come back into the house before we left for work, what do you think I spotted in the garden????
The D a f f s!!!!!
They're poking their little leaves through the ground already - even after I said yesterday it would be months before I see them. The sight of them had me smiling from ear to ear...grinning with joy......regardless of the fact that my assistant refused to leave the safety of the hedge.

Of course upon arrival home after a frustrating day at the office, I stopped to enjoy them again and decided I would take a snap everyday to watch them grow. The meer sight of them even inspired me to clean my sewing table up. I'll save the shock of the before photo and just show the after. Of course my assistant was quite helpful in the cleaning process - look how proud he is!
Happy Thursday folks!

3 comments:

Jessie At Home! said...

Yea!!!
WooHoo!!
Hip Hip Hooray!!

marigold jam said...

Isn't it amazing how a couple of green shoots can bring so much hope and cheer! Will look forward to seeing them grow. That little assistant looks mighty pleased with himself - he's so cute.

Jane x

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

They look like they will be lush!! Your assistant seems to be getting more attention than your sewing table so i will have to say - Your sewing table looks mighty fine!!!
Lucy xx