Saturday, February 20, 2010

:: $2.00 ::

We only have one thrift store in our town. I go there occasionally, but only because I have never been lucky enough to find any treasures. I think because we live in an area where the average income is relatively low, it's usually quite a busy place with very little inventory. But today I felt like I struck gold! I have been in need of a spice rack for sometime as my poor spices live in utter chaos in my cupboard - almost as chaotic as the ideas in my head :-) Now I've given it a good cleaning with some orange oil and it's come up quite lovely (sorry you know me, no patience for a before photo), but maybe I'll consider painting it down the road. I think it would lovely in a nice shade of duck egg blue.

Nothing is more enjoyable than finding the perfect treasure for $2 - fits right in with my budget :-)
Now I must be off, I think I hear my sewing machine calling.....
Happy weekend!

6 comments:

AZBelle (Sandy) said...

Just stopping by to tell you I have awarded your blog the Sunshine Award! Please come by my blog and pick up your button. Congratulations!

marigold jam said...

That's great Lopuise - reminds me of my £1.50 bargain shelf http://marigoldjam.blogspot.com/2009/08/green-shelf.html
and I hope you get as much enjoymnent from it as I do from mine. It's always good to find a bargain isn't it?

Louise Howe said...

I love bargain too. Looking forward to the results of your sewing.

The Garden Bell said...

Two bucks. What a great find. I love it. A little orange oil and you are good to go with this treasure.

Happy Sunday Moring -
Kate - <3 <3 <3

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

That is such a lovely spice rack!
Lucy xx

Annalisa said...

Lovely!and a real bargain, wow!
Have a lovely day,
Annalisa