Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Monday Making

Hello! Thank you for stopping by today. My apologies if I may seem a little looney out of sorts today, but Little J has not been to school since the 4th of February and I could use some sanity! Now yesterday was a holiday and today was supposed to be a make up (for snow) half day, but school was cancelled again - no prizes for guessing why! So yesterday, after moping around all morning and sick at the sight of more snow, I finally settled into some sewing. Some of that not planned, make it up as you go sewing. For once, I am pleased with the results.











The bag might actually be one I am pleased with and will actually use :-)

Today I had hoped to venture out of the house, but the sight of the massive snow banks squashed my hopes of freedom. As I am relatively "new" to the world of driving (almost 1 year with a license) and as we have no off street parking, I was terrified I would leave and then not be able to squeeze my car back in between the snow piles! Big chicken, I know. Normally Mr. VW will come to my rescue when parking is a problem. Must work on this, because one can only stay sane for so long after being stuck in the house for days on end with a restless 8 year old!!!!


7 comments:

marigold jam said...

Oh how I hope the weather will improve for you - can just imagine being incarcerated with an 8 year old all that time!

Your bag is lovely and I am sure it will be most useful and get used a lot. I admire your ability to do such lovely applique and love the stitching round those apples all so evenly sized.

Jane

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

I can understand why you like your bag so much, it is gorgeous!! I especially like the apple design. I hope the snow melts away for you quickly now and the sun pokes its head out from behind the snow clouds!! :D
Lucy xx

Maria said...

The apple bag is gorgeous. Good luck with some sunshine

Annalisa said...

WONDERFUL!!!Love this bag, the apple design is so nice!
Hope the weather will better soon!
Hugs,
Annalisa

Tabiboo said...

The bag is gorgeous and I know how you feel about going out in the snow - especially in the car. Fortunately our snow keeps falling, settling then melting - for a while, but even after a couple of days stuck in I feel trapped.

Hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel?

Nina x

Helsie said...

Well hello Louise. Nice to meet you.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad I've found yours.
I'm off to read some more.
Cheers
Helen
PS How long did you live in Oz?

Louise Howe said...

Hi Louise, so kind of you to visit me I adore your bag it is so lovely. And off the top of your head you are so clever