Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ripple

I have been admiring many many ripple blankets being created by folks around bloggerville.
Whilst I have been enjoying looking and the lovely blankets created by clever folks, I have been furiously creating granny square after granny square, always thinking I could never do a ripple pattern. On two or three occasions I had attempted Lucy's ripple pattern only to give up after these feeble attempts.
On Saturday, we three feet of snow on the ground, I decided to grit my teeth and
give it one more go. There were lots of fits, some foul language and several times I put down my hook in frustration, but I finally got it!!!!
Oh boy do I love the rhythm of the ripple - I am hooked!!!!
The only good thing to come out of 3 feet of snow on the weekend and a blizzard yesterday. And thank you Mr. VW for helping me choose some lovely wool for his blanket.

8 comments:

Yiota said...

Well done!
I'm a novice at crocheting, love the look of ripples but can't figure out how it's done - language barrier doesn't help with Lucy's instructions I'm afraid!

marigold jam said...

"Every cloud has a silver lining" and "if at first you don't succeed ..." and all that eh?! Lovely colours I am sure it will look great when finished not to mention warm which you need just now by the sound of things.

Jane

River Glorious said...

Very nice afghan you have going there. I like the color combination. :)

Ambar in Puerto Rico

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

You have certainly got it!! B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l
!!!! :P
Have lovely valentines
Lucy xx

Bubble Fish said...

I love your colours in that blanket. The ripple is so pretty. I'll get there one day! Well done you for keeping on with it. x

Maria said...

The ripples are coming up lovely. But I am with you. After doing squares and hexagons I tried the ripple and I too found it frustrating to start. Once I got going it was fine. But I cannot find the rhythm!! I am going back to my shapes that go around

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

Thank you for your comments on my blog. I am also wanting to do Engineering as a job, and this Engineering Diploma that I am doing as part of my GCSE's is hopefully the first step forward.
I usually do my own design in bracelets but this latest design caught my eye and I copied it.
Have a lovely weekend!
Lucy xx

Tabiboo said...

It looks fabulous and I love the colours.

I'm the same, but until I can get a day of no interruptions I doubt if I'll ever get my head around a ripple.

Nina xx