Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Too Little Time :: No Self Control

Firstly, is it possible to have too much yarn? Surely not. Only a man could think you could have too much yarn. Well has it happens, I really don't have much excess yarn. Most of it is assigned to projects. The problem is, I have too many yarn projects on the go :-) Shall we take a look at this madness?
1. The birthday blanket - sorely neglected these days, but upon viewing this photo I really do L O V E it.
2. The Mr. VW Ripple - I find it very satisfying how quickly I can complete a row on this beauty.
3. Surprise!!! Yep still got my toes in the knitting pool - just knitting up some scraps for a stripey scarf for Little J.
So three's not so bad is it? Hold on though, had to make quick stop at the shops on the way home tonight - you know, one of those run in run out as fast as you can stops? Get just what you need stops? Yeah right. Of course when referring to the shops in this town you mean Wally World, well because that's about all we have.
So our highly irritating over sized warehouse is in the process of 'remodelling' which has resulted in the removal of their fabric dept :-( Now I know they never sold high quality fabrics, but I did occasionally pick up a pretty piece here and there. Now they is appears they are eliminating their yarn department! They actually had a very good selection of yarns and very low prices and are basically the only place in the area that stocks yarn.
Anyway, to cut a long story short while zipping by the yarn section this evening I just had to rescue some of the last lonely balls of yarn. They're not fancy balls, just cheapo stuff, that once washed in some fabric softener will be super lovely and soft and I think will make a sweet picnic blanket :-)
So we'll call them yarn project #4. Now, I just have to keep them out of sight so I am not tempted to actually start the project before I finish at least one of the others. What do you think the chances of that happening are? Slim or None? Yep, that's what I thought.

7 comments:

Maria said...

I would say NONE!!!! We need lots of projects to keep our minds active - that's my excuse anyway
And of course we need stash for those projects too!!!

AZBelle (Sandy) said...

Oh, one can never have too much yarn!! With all my WIP's, plus the ideas bouncing around in my head and ones I have saved to do "one of these days" I have so many projects it is embarassing! Our local Wally World's are getting to be the same way, really cutting back on their craft depts.. I can find yarn there usually $1 or so cheaper than at Michael's or Jo-Anns. So, just one more reason to stock up on more yarn... LOL

The Garden Bell said...

Just look at all those projects. Know the feeling all to well. But, if you only have one going what's the fun in that. Can't wait to see what the last bunch is going to creat.

Love the MR. VW Ripple... Great name.

Kate - <3 <3 <3

marigold jam said...

I think it is a good idea to have more than one project on the go so you can have a change and not get bored! Those blues are lovely and can't wait to see that project started. Love your granny squares too.

Jane

Louise Howe said...

I think that people that hook have self control removed so its not your fault. I love your UFO's, I too have manyyyyyyyyy

Jessie At Home! said...

Crafters ADHD ~ I have it too. They are all lovely projects, though. Have fun!

Tabiboo said...

A true crafty with a basket ful off wip!

Have a fabulous weekend,

Nina x