Wednesday, March 17, 2010

di::Ag::onaL


Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my last post - they cheered me to no end - what wonderful bloggerville friends ♥ you are all such lovely people.
So despite the fact that today I find myself struck down with some horrible lurgy, last night I managed to stay up wAAAAAAAy too late tap tap tapping away on my wee little laptop looking for new and exciting and most importantly
E A S Y things to do with me hook & yarn.
:: Now just a quick note, I can't read a crochet pattern to save my life, they might as well be written in Swahili - without photos there is little to no chance I'll figure them out (unless of course it was one shared by the lovely Lucy - she's brilliant isn't she? ☺) ::
So after not very many minutes searching the www my fingers where whizzing along with my hook and yarn and I was squealing with joy!
I even had to call Mr. VW to come and have a looky - his reaction was luke warm at best (men just don't get the whole hook and yarn thing do they???)
The whole diagonal thing has always caught my eye, but I was sure it was for the advanced hooker and I felt without photos, there was no chance for me. But I found this
S U P E R E A S Y pattern here. Five minutes, yes just 5 minutes, after finding this pattern, I had it mastered.
I've added a line or two today, but this lurgy has wiped me out and I could barely manage to hold my hook.
Thank you all again lovely readers for your wonderful comments, they mean so much to me.
Toodles and take care...... ♥
P.S. It's another blanket, yes another one....I am certain Mr. VW must think I am stocking up for some global blanket shortage. ☺

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Way to go! Looks great. I know exactly what you mean ~ the guys just don't get the yarn and hok thing. Thank goodness for blogland. Just wondering~ would the triangle you crocheted work as a bunting?

Jessie At Home! said...

Cool! I had to hold the laptop at an angle to see how pretty it was in it's diagonal state. My husband thinks I'm a bit odder then usual at this point.

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

That crochet idea is different and interesting. I might give it a try!
Lucy xx