Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Find

It's seems like the second I wrote that the thrift store in our town never yielded any treasures, I struck gold. My find occurred a few weeks ago, but for reasons unknown I have been reluctant to share, but I love this little beauty. I don't know why. I find myself purposefully going in the sewing room to pick it up and admire it. Open the little latch and peek inside. I am fairly certain it is vintage '60s. It's labeled "British HongKong", not that that confirms it's vintage, but I am sure it is.



Have I lost it with this one? I swear the photos don't do it justice. It's in remarkable condition, just a tiny tear in the lining. I think I paid $3.00 for it - a real bargain in my books. I clearly remember spying it in the store, slinking over and quickly grabbing it - almost thought it was too good to be true. Most certainly at some point I will use it, not for work though - the five other employees (all woman) already think I am loony.
So, what's the verdict my reading jury????
Oh and if you know more about these types of bags, please let me know. I have tried to research but have come up empty handed.
Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

marigold jam said...

It's lovely Louise I can see why you were pleased with your purchase. I do remember that sort of thing being popular years ago but can't remember exactly when! Probably in the 60s as you said.

Jane

Anonymous said...

Love the blanket, such beautiful colors!

Jessie At Home! said...

Very cool!!! I'm with you, that is a great find.