Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Change of Direction.....

Since I screwed up my first online yarn order, I was R E A L L Y struggling with randomness of the colour combinations for each square in my birthday blanket. Well to be honest, I struggled before the yarn screw up. I don't do random very well, I like order - well when it comes to patterns, however the state of the sewing room would make you think I enjoy chaos heaven. So choosing colours was becoming quite stressful and I wasn't enjoying my time with this blanket. So I have changed directions.
Just a border of small one colour squares around the edge. Not sure if I am loving it, but it sure has take the pressure off when it comes to deciding on colours!

5 comments:

Maria said...

I understand EXACTLY how you feel, but funnily enough the projects turn out nicely and there is always someone who finds them appealing, just a downer if its not you.
I think it looks great

Louise said...

Um me too. I'd show you the sewing room but I am so ashamed. Its more of a place to store stuff than to be. By the way I LOVE the blankie and the bag and think they are gorgeous.

marigold jam said...

It works really well that single coloured square border. For Random I have heard that putting the balls into a bag and reaching in for the different colours without being able to see them works well - not tried it but it might be worth a go?

Jane

crochethealingandraymond said...

the colours of the blanket are stunning... looking forward to seeing it finished! Bet you are too now!! ;)

Helsie said...

I love the colours of your blanket and if you really don't like the edging you can take it off and make another blanket with them !!!
Cheers
Helen