Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Getting Away from me......

I am convinced as the days get longer, time gets away from me more and more. Seems like there are never enough hours! Again, another project finished a week ago and I am now only just posting about it! You may remember this project way back in March, when I was trying to convince Mr. VW of the upcoming world blanket shortage? (You know, I should change my blog name to "Never Enough Blankets"), I L O V E D making this blanket! There was something really exciting about crocheting on the diagonal and watching the rows get longer and longer, then shorter and shorter. It was loads of fun. The edge turned out a bit wobbly wavey, I think it needed just two doubles in each space instead of three.



So if you're looking for a new crochet blanket project, I highly recommend the diagonal. This pattern is a keeper.
Happy Thursday! I promise to try and stop by here more often.

4 comments:

marigold jam said...

I love the difference doing it on the diagonal makes. The colours too are great.

Jane x

Louise said...

Wow Louise that is a magnificent blankie. I adore pink and blue together. I had no idea you are a teacher. Tell me more which age and subjects? I am inspired!!!!

Tabiboo said...

I looks wonderful and very striking in a diagonal way.

Nina x

perigrine said...

oh hey, I *love* how that turned out