Friday, June 4, 2010

As It Is

Hello! Happy Friday. I do hope everyone is having a very happy Friday. Yes I disappeared again for more days than I would have liked. Remember my last post, Ups vs Downs? Well the ups are still up (loads of strawberries, peonies looking magnificent) and one of the downs is now up! Yes little blue car is back in action. Whizzing Little J to school most days. I say most days because, well, that almost lost voice thingy I was suffering from last week went from down to WAY down. Developed into some nasty lung fungus virus that even after a course of antibiotics, still has me only managing partial days in the office and the spending the majority of my time on the couch too sick to even think about crochet! Anyway, fingers crossed it's on it's way up and out now!
That's enough of a medical report for one day. Back to post business. This wee little crochet square is the colour creation of Little J. Designed to be a rugged action blanket for Rambo Bunny, he took delight in choosing the colours. Honestly I'm not sure what to make of them - can't say I hate them, certainly don't love them, but there is something very retro about them.
I actually made this several weeks ago, but as the camera is still broken and I wanted to pop by for a quick post I dug these snaps up figuring they would be better than nothing.
Well must be off now, Mr. VW will be home shortly and I must gather my thoughts to determine which course of pleading will bring any glimmer of hope for a new camera this weekend. I would have the old one repaired, but it is quite old (6 years and not very expensive to begin with) and these days it seems it would be cheaper to buy new than replace.

6 comments:

becky said...

I like the color choices. I think it turned out really nice, they are quite calming!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Hello from Australia :-) Found your blog thru Crochet with Raymond and have joined you as a follower, you sound very similar to me with all my WIPs. My boys are following Jack and his lego thru my site, they wanted to see more of his creations and also asked who is Rambo Bunny as we also have a Rambo Bunny (made from camouflage wool)!

Louise said...

Its lovely. Its always nice to see the guys take a hooky interest. Mine don't sadly.

crochethealingandraymond said...

Hi Louise, nice I've been popping in and its nice to see you back!!! Like the granny stripes very much... I've just learned how to make them from Attic24 and they are COOL! I like your retro cushion and am impressed with the diagonalizing of the stripes! Have a great weekend from Alice and Raymond OH... and thank you for putting me on your blog list!!! I get really really excited when I saw it!

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

What a lovely little blanket! It reminds me of a little blanket my mum made me for my teddy bear when I was 4 years old. I hope you are feeling better soon!
Lucy xx

Annalisa said...

:) How nice! I love the colours, you're so talented! but I bet I have already told you this :)
Very kind to have left a comment on my blog, been missing your posts indeed and I haven't been round here much lately!
Annalisa