Monday, June 21, 2010

Class of 2010

Well another of life's milestones has been achieved for Big J - he can check High School off his list. This was my first high school graduation (no graduation ceremonies when you attend school in the sticks), so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I certainly did not expect to see 8,000 other people there!!! A little overwhelming.... It was however, V E R Y exciting!!! :-) We were little to surprised to not find Big J's name in the program under "Graduating with Honors", as we knew he had studied very hard and was doing well. We were however, shocked to see his name under "Graduating with HIGHEST Honors"!!!! WOW, I was speechless.

I survived the ceremony with dry eyes, but with possibly the biggest smile on my face. However, when we met up with Big J after the events, he quietly showed me a little something special he had with him on his sleeve, hidden under his gown. There it was, a tiny pin - the American and Australian flags. My eyes were no longer dry, but I was even prouder that although he has spent the majority of his life in the USA, he so proud to be Australian and American.

Congratulations Big J - we love you and you have done us proud yet again.

7 comments:

Debi Y. said...

Congrats to your son.

I'm enjoying reading your blog - love all the crochet. :)

Louise said...

How wonderful you must be sooooo proud. What wonderful memory for you all. Loving the huge grins!!

marigold jam said...

That's fantastic and you must feel so very proud of your son. I am glad he hasn't forgotten his Aussie roots as I know that will mater a lot to you too!

Jane x

sue niven said...

congratulations and all the best for the future. I am sure it will be just as fantastic, How proud you must be indeed.

Around the hook said...

Oh wow congratulations BigJ!!! It's wonderful for the honours! You look very proud!!!!

The Garden Bell said...

Congrats to J. What a happy smile he has on his face. One down and two to go. Let the summer begin...

Kate

Maria said...

What a sweetie!!