Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Stripes

Of course I have been inspired by Lucy @ Attic24 to start a granny stripe blanket :-) It's taken some time to get into the swing of it, but I am really loving the rhythm of the stripes - bit like a ripple really.
Unfortunately I am having some issues with the camera, so the photos are basically crap. Starting to think I am in need of a new one after all :-( However I have just found out how much the computer Big J needs for college is going to cost and a camera and all of life's other basic essentials are going to have to wait!!!

7 comments:

Yiota said...

Your stripey blanket looks good. I was hoping I could work with my own project in the summer but it's so hot and sticky here that the yarn just won't slip through my fingers!

sue niven said...

Love the blanket! crochet on cold days is just the thing to do and as it gets bigger you get warmer making it. Love it!

The Garden Bell said...

Lovely... I'm still waiting for that dang Lucy Pack to arrive. I guess that got over 350 orders, imagine that... I'll be working on this soon. Great start and love your colors.

Katester

Maria said...

Love the mix of colours, it will be lovely

Louise said...

yummylicious. How was graduation? Have you had it yet? My lad has his last day of first year today and starts year 8 (second year at high school) next week. It all passes so quick. One minute he was this tiny preemy baby and now hes taller than me. He's 12 Lou!!!! Where will it all end?

marigold jam said...

Lovely Louise - so colourful. The pics are fine and life has a habit of getting in the way of things we want rather than need doesn't it?! Am sure the computer is more necessary just now!

Jane x

becky said...

Your blanket is coming along great! Isn't Attic 24 quite the inspiration?! I too couldn't resist the granny blanket... I purchased yarns this week while away from home and will have one of my very own one day! Keep us updated on your progress!