Friday, July 2, 2010

A Evening Ritual

We are still patiently waiting for some rain in our neck of the woods. The temperatures had cooled off a bit, but they are set to soar this weekend :-S So each evening my neighbor and I can be found watering and tending to our fading plants and vegetables. I don't particularly enjoying watering, I worry so much about how much water I am using, but I have found that spending this much time in contact with my plants that I get to see so many changes from one day to the next. We have both watched in awe as her newly planted gladiolus have bloomed. I was amazed to see the reflection of the water drops on them.
So I must run folks and tend to my watering chores this evening. We are off for a little jaunt this weekend, so they need a good soak to hold them over till Monday.
To my friends on this side of the pond or to anyone who celebrates this holiday weekend, Happy 4th of July!!!!!

2 comments:

marigold jam said...

Lovely pic Louise. Hope you get some rain soon and that you enjoy your weekend jaunt. I remember being in US and watching the fireworks one 4 July way back in the late 70s!

Jane

Louise said...

I love the evening watering session. A good weekend to you.