Friday, August 6, 2010

Revealing the Brussel Sprout!

Those of you who have been reading my blog for say, more than a month, will know that I couldn't possibly have turned my mandala (pattern courtesy of the lovely Alice) in to a brussel sprout.  I am just not that clever,  That was however how Middle J described the green granny clusters of my mandala project!  Brussel sprouts indeed!!!!  But hey, at least he paid enough attention to notice I don't just spend my hours washing dishes and picking up after unruly children and was polite enough to make a semi positive comment.  In addition to which I happened to be quite fond of brussel sprouts, although I am not sure he is?  So perhaps it wasn't semi positive after all???? 
Anywho I'll take what I can get in the way of feedback from my family.  Now lets get back to the reveal of my mandala project.  Do we all remember how it started a week ago?  Gosh hard to believe it was just one week ago!
 Of course the clever Jane (who has been so sweet as to stick by my blog madness for quite some time now) was smack on the money with her first guess of what it might be.  You see Jane and I suffer a similar addiction! Although I think my addiction items spend considerably more time at the back of the cupboard than hers do :-)
Yes it's another bag!!!!  Gosh even I am starting to be concerned about my addiction to making bags.  Mr. VW calls them my 'artwork'.  Isn't that nice of him?  Even the ones I never use. He doesn't complain that I am filling up the limited cupboard space we have with them or purchasing more supplies to make them.  Artwork - nicest thing I think he has ever said!
I have to say, I do REALLY love this bag. I  mean L O V E it!!!!  I have spent the last couple of days admiring it, stroking it and pretending to use it!  I even snuck it out to the Lake before it was lined.  So it may be safe to say that this one will not see the back of the cupboard for some time.
Now the pattern was courtesy of the very talented Alice and the inspiration came from Lucy (of course).  I simply stopped the increases of the mandala when I thought my circle would make an acceptable size bottom to the bag and it came together fast!  Lightening fast. 
Bag Love....
Happy Weekend folks!

10 comments:

Debi Y. said...

Just beautiful - I love it. You did a great job putting the colors together. :)

marigold jam said...

That's superb Louise. Thanks for the mention and I certainly wouldn't put a lovely creation like that in the back of the cupboard! I am inspired to have a go at one myself having seen yours - that flower finishes it off perfectly. What's next?!

Jane

Posy Linda said...

Wonderful, happy bag you've got there Louise. The flower set it off beautifully.

becky said...

What a beautiful bag! It's amazing what everyone is doing in the Granny fashion these days! It's not just your run of the mill Granny square anymore! Fabulous....

Crochet with raymond said...

It's just awesome!!!!! Love it! Can't wait to see your next creation! XX

gill said...

Love the bag!
Gill

erdbeerdiamant said...

Your blog makes my heart jump!!! Great and beautiful :o).
Definitely gonna come back for a visit!!

The Garden Bell said...

Always a colorful treat to stop by and see what your are up too.
T.G.B.

Louise said...

OOOoo love this. I must make one!!!!

Kristin said...

So cute!