Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday Stitching

Its been a lovely quiet day here at the Gephart.  Glorious sunshine and I have squirreled myself away at the sewing table.  
I've managed to finish my scarf project and it will soon be winging it's way across the pond to the lovely Louise for this project.  I have to say I am VERY excited about sending this off to her - don't you just love the wonderful people you meet in blogland?.  I started this project four times before I was happy with the pattern I was very anxious to ensure it was perfect as it is for such a good cause.  Fingers crossed it doesn't get lost during the passage! 

The pattern for this scarf can be found here.....it's super easy and I found it really enjoyable.  In fact it's the same pattern I used to whip up this blanket.

It's coupon days at our one and only fabric store, so I've been stocking up on flowery buttons and adorable bird fabric.  With 40% off it's impossible to pass up such lovely goodies with out increasing the Gephart National Debt too badly.

And thanks to those 40% off coupons, I've been involved in some secret stitching......which will be revealed in time.

Now with one project completed, I'm off to start another!!!! 

I know, I hear you. 

What about all those others projects you have on the run, missy??? 

Sorry what was that you said? 

Can't hear you, new project calling...

Hehehe!!!

Wishing you a lovely Sunday.

Take care,
Toodles L x

6 comments:

becky said...

That was such a cruel thing to do...letting us see such a cute piece of your secret project! I can't wait to see the completed project!

marigold jam said...

What a good idea that project is - must get some pink yarn and get making! I love your scarf and must check out the pattern for that too. Lovely buttons and fabric you have there and at 40% off of course you couldn't pass on those! Enjoy your weekend.

Jane

Louise said...

I am quite literally bursting with excitement I could puke. Love the birdy fabric and buttons. Hey don't you feel guilty about the new projects, I have come to the conclusion that as long as our families have food we haven't gone too far yet so bring it on.

anticipatory hugs
Lou
xx

Tabiboo said...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend - love the colours you have used.

Nina xxx

Crochet with Raymond said...

That scarf is lovely! Nice stuff... can't wait to see what your next project is! I'm quite partial to a bit of stitch admiration!!!

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

That is such a beautiful scarf! I love the colours and pattern. Your sewing purchases look interesting too!
Lucy xx