Sunday, October 3, 2010

Green Tomato Chutney

As it seems apparent that the tomatoes left on my vine will never turn red, I decided to try my hand at making some Green Tomato Chutney.  Never tried this before, it was certainly a project that required frequent input from my family.  Such as, "What the heck is that stink?"..."Just going outside for some real air" ...and..."Don't even think about asking me to eat that cr@p".  Well I have to say it did have quite a strong smell, but by the end it tasted delicious!  Chutney doesn't appear to be readily available on this side of the pond - least not in my small town and I love it!  So I will definitely try this again.  Perhaps on a day when I am home alone?  ☺

4 comments:

Louise said...

Well done!! It looks great. At least you get to eat it all yourself.

Crochet with Raymond said...

yeah, all the more for you! Yum! Chutney with camembert on nice crunchy crackers!

Tabiboo said...

Oooohhhhh - now there will be no stopping. Just think of all the things you can turn into chutney.

take care,

Nina x

Ruth Marie said...

Hhmmmm I Love Chutney - cheese and chutney, pate and chutney, chutney and chutney..... hhmmmmmm