Monday, November 15, 2010

For Little Z

I love sewing for little girls, not surprising in a house surrounded by boys.  Nothing like playing with pink as opposed to boyish blue.

So when Little J was invited to Little Z's birthday party, I was excited to whip up something pink for her.

Of course, even though we all know I am nervous about presenting some homemade goodness, especially in front of a room full of strangers (the onlooking mothers) I had nothing to worry about. 

Her mother was thrilled and I was relieved.  I was thrilled when her mother told me this morning that mine was the first gift she played with when the party was over.  Guess I did something right!  I think I'm starting to get the hang of this hand made gift giving business....

5 comments:

marigold jam said...

Whatever it was - can't quite make out what the pink is - it both looks great and no wonder the little girl loved the gifts.

Jane

Louise said...

Very lovely, lucky little girl.

Crochet with Raymond said...

I bet it's fun to make things for girls after 3 boys!
Hows the mandala coming along!

Terrie said...

So cute =]

Teje said...

So wonderful with pink and fuchia! I'm sure you miss girlish things and colours...
Have a lovely day! Teje