Thursday, November 18, 2010

What Day Is It?

Did you notice I started yesterday's post with a "Happy Tuesday" when in fact it was Wednesday?  Now I should have known it was Wednesday, because I was watching my favorite show - Ghost Hunters.   But nope, missed it completely.  I actually woke up this morning and realized my error!  But I think it explains how my brain has been working lately - it hasn't!

In case you were wondering how the mandala turned out - it's not too bad actually.  Still a tiny  bit ripply, but I am sure I can flatten it some more.  Alice was so kind to provide some simple tips on how to make it flatter.  Thank you Alice, you are quite lovely.

Anyhow, I'm not defeated and will try again - THIS time I will READ the pattern and study the photos.  And let me reiterate that Alice writes the EASIEST TO UNDERSTAND patterns and provides extremely  helpful photography.  My wonky mandala was ALL my own fault.  I know the pattern works perfectly, because a few months back I made a wonderful bag using her first tutorial!

I might even try her tea cosy pattern - this time READING the instructions :-)

8 comments:

Clara said...

It looks great!

marigold jam said...

Shows how my mind works too as I didn't even notice! I popped over to Alice's blog and she has some wonderful crochet there and when I finish my baby jumper I might have a go at the tea cosy too.

Have a good day whatever day it is today!

Jane

Teje said...

Hello! This looks really wonderful! My days are often mixed, is it really tomorrow again Saturday...
Have a lovely weekend! Teje

Feltland said...

Really beautiful !!! You did a great job !!! ... ^___^

Baa-Me Kniits said...

The days are just a blur....it is already Monday here! I love Alice's tea cosy, I just bought some nice coloured wood to try it out on :-)

Felicity said...

i think it looks great, love the colours, i always read patterns wrong and have to start again! i havent got a clue what day we are on! he he! fliss xxx

Crochet with Raymond said...

ha ha ha what a plug for Alice!!!!!!!!!
Oh Louise you are just the loveliest and would never ever offend my sensitivities!
Oooh, Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase make the tea cozy! Jenni from Baame Kniits has made one but not posted it and I'm a few days away from having a temper tantrum if I don't see granny happies somewhere other than my blog!!!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Crochet with Raymond said...

I awarded you a beautiful blog award Louise! you have to go to another post to get the picture off it onto your blog because I didnt know how, but the instructions are on the post!