Sunday, December 12, 2010

43 & DPNs

Yep, its the big day :: 43 ::  enough said.
Thanks to the PurlBee I taught myself last night to knit in the round.
Let's hope Middle J would like a pair of fingerless gloves to match the hat I made him for his birthday! ☺
Luckily I had some yarn left over, it's the most amazing electric purple and green which he chose himself. Lovely lambs wool and mohair blend, which is amazing to work with.  Unfortunately the terrible light doesn't do the colours justice. 
Thank you Alice for the inspiration.  I figured if you could learn to knit on dpns whilst on a long bus journey, then surely there was a slim chance I could too with the aid of the Internet and the peace and quiet of a comfy chair!
Toodles and Happy Sunday!
L x

9 comments:

Clara said...

Happy Birthday! I love that you can knit in the round and what beautiful colors together! Wow!

Debi Y. said...

Happy Birthday!

Congrats on your knitting accomplishment. :)

marigold jam said...

Well done! Those two colours together reminded me of an outfit I had back in the 50's a purple circular skirt and a lime green vest top my Mum knitted to wear with it!!

Is it your birthday? Have I missed your mention or do the others know you better than I do? Anyway if so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Jane x

lovestitch said...

Oh Happy Birthday, Louise! Yup it's really a big day to you!
That's great to see you knit in the round with DPNs, I am also teaching myself with it, so cute, right? Thanks for sharing the link too!
LoL, xxx

Marion said...

Dear Louise,

Happy Birthday and your Knitting looks beautiful, Love the Colours...

Enjoy your Day,
Marion

Louise said...

Happy birthday Louise. Sorry I wasn't around yesterday but we had friends for lunch. Did you have a good day? Thats a great age to be!!!

Yiota said...

Happy Birthday!
Love the colour combination

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

Happy Birthday Louise! Love the two colours together! Hope you have had a nice day!
Lucy xx

Teje said...

Happy Birthday Louise!!! Wonderful knitting - I love those colours together!
Have a lovely week! xxx Teje