Back. Didn't mean to be gone for so long. There's been a bit of a grey cloud hanging over my head for a few days, but I'm slowing digging my way out of the dumps.
We spent our Thanksgiving on the road to the house above, so no turkey for us, just a luke warm tin of raviolis. I'll never get citizenship to this country unless I can learn to embrace this holiday! Not that I want to :-)
So I had BIG plans this evening to upload photos of the summer house, blogger on the other hand, had others. I've tried three times to upload more than one photo, but to no avail. My patience is gone and the grey cloud is looming overhead again.
So rather than sneak peaks of the above house, which a few of you have asked for, I'll have to move on to something else involving just words.
I have to thank the lovely Alice for giving me the Beautiful Blog award. Thank you lovely Alice, you are too sweet. So you ready for the ten things about me???
1. Dental Floss makes me nervous - I had a very bad experience at the hands of dental technician many moons ago. Drill all you like, keep the dental floss far far away.
2. I LOVE sausage rolls - YUM. They are the food I miss most about home. I'd give anything to have one right now, but the Americans haven't figured them out yet :-(
3. I'm not shy, perhaps overly reserved. I am very uncomfortable around people I don't know in social situations.
4. At the ripe old age of 41 I finally got my drivers license. Better late than never I say.
5. I am the third of four children - older brother & sister, younger sister.
6. I wear bifocals and have dreadful eyesight, but I rarely wear my glasses unless I am at work or behind the wheel. I am squinting as I type this and probably have crows feet the size of small islands :-)
7. I learnt to knit and crochet when I was 10, but only ever the basics. I wish daily that I had asked my Mum to teach me more before she was gone. She was brilliant at both, just brilliant....
8. Ginger Ale is my drink of choice.
9. I used to smoke, but it is now a filthy habit I quit 5 years ago - YUCK, I feel sick just thinking about it.
10. I love my boys more than anything (but you probably know that already :-))
Ok that's me. You still awake???? Hopefully I haven't sent you into a coma or off to sleep.
To be honest, I'm nervous about passing this award on as many people find them a wee bit annoying. But at the risk of being annoying, I will pass this on to the lovely Louise and Jane. They have been reading my nonsense for almost an eternity now and I appreciate their support and of course they have Beautiful Blogs!
Right that's me done for this evening. I promise I will battle the photo upload again tomorrow.