Thursday, December 30, 2010

Felting Phobia

Hello!  Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  We most certainly did at the Gephart, although it was relatively quiet, with zero relatives in the area it's just Mr. VW, the Boys and me.  I've been enjoying a few blissfully quiet work free days - those work free days are the best you know!  So rather than continuing progress on the various woolly projects I have on the go right now, I decided on a whim to start something new! 
Based on Lucy's bag pattern, I whipped up this little bag with some woolly wool given to me by my MIL and some left over bits of Icelandic wool from this hat.  It literally took me two evenings in front of the telly to hook this up. 
Of course, we all know the last thing I need is another bag!  Even I am starting to think I have some weird sort of bag addiction. 
Anyhow, the last few days I've been picking up this sweet little bag, admiring it (I do quite love it), researching the Internet on felting and contemplating bunging the thing in the washing machine and crossing my fingers.  Even though it took just one ball of yarn, which was gifted so there will be no great loss if it gets screwed up, I just can't bring myself to do it!
Hopeless, I know.
Perhaps I should start with something smaller?

Right, I'm off to make a matching coin purse which I'm determined will be my first felting project!!!!!
Wish me luck........

Toodles Lx.

4 comments:

marigold jam said...

Don't forget to allow for shrinkage or it will be literally "a" coin purse just the one!!

Love the bag and if you have some weird addiction then I have it too!

Happy New Year.

Jane x

Debi Y. said...

Your bag is nice - love the flowers. Good luck with your felting. :)

Shepherdess said...

You just need to be more in control. Put it in the washer on gentle and check it every few min until it's as felted as you want. You don't have to just throw it in and hope.
Good luck, Ann

Louise said...

Me too, always too chicken to try. Above advice looks good, Ann looks like she's done it before. Gan on (as they say in geordieland)The bag is lovely by the way.I love the rich purple