Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Class of 2011

Middle J did us proud last Thursday graduating with Highest Honors!
It was even more of a surprise than it was with Big J last year to find Middle J's name in the Highest Honors section as he's caused us a tiny bit of grief this last year. 
Although he's on the straight and narrow now.

There's my boy (second from the  left) slipping us a tiny wave before the ceremony commenced.
We were so close to him in the enormous stadium that I could see the expression on his face. 
He was nervous, being one of the first few to walk across the stage.
I was nervous for him.
I looked down at him and it was like time had stood still and I could see his sweet four year old face.
Tissues were needed at this point.....
Of course we swept the instructed "polite applause" aside when they called his name and screamed, whistled and hollered like mad people.
I loved the way he grinned from ear to ear to see me acting like a complete loony in the arena stands.

It was utter bedlam after the ceremony. 
 There seemed like there was at least 10,000 people milling around all looking for their graduates.
Photos were rushed and as a result I had no time to compose myself.
Let it be noted that I was duly mortified to see how the camera could not have possibly made me look any fatter, my face any shinier or my hair any more disheveled.
I was also slightly disappointed I had entrusted this years graduation photography assignment to Mr. VW.  He apparently needs a little brush up on his photography skills.  These were the best of the worst photos.
However, I'll forgive him and put it down to his excitement of being caught in the moment watching this amazing young man complete a major milestone in his life.

Love you Middle J - You've done us proud!

5 comments:

Louise said...

Congratulations to you all!!! The photos are just wonderful. You look every bit the proud Mum. I wish we had something similar here.

lovestitch said...

Wow! Congratulations! Love all photos, they're gorgeous! How I love the last photo, proud Mother and cute son! I'm so happy for you all!
Enjoy your time and have a fabulous day!!!

marigold jam said...

Congratulations! You don't look fat, shiny or dishevelled to me but just as any proud mother should!

cata said...

Awww! So Sweet! Well done :)

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Congratulations, highest honours that is a great achievement!

Loved the photos and I think you look fab in your photo, a super proud mum :-)