Saturday, September 24, 2011

Meant to Be



I'm having a wonderful Saturday today and thoroughly enjoying the coolness of September after our endless hot summer.  The leaves are changing already in our part of the woods and I've decided this could be my favorite season of all.  Tomorrow I've got some lovely plans to start planting more bulbs in the garden for spring and I'm actually quiet excited about it - silly as it may seem. The mister has picked out some lovely Irises and Crocuses and of course I'm going for more daffodils.

The delightful tin above was a fabulous find at the thrift store that I fell in love with a few weeks ago.  The pattern is sort of embossed and the colours are just so vibrant.  There's a few scratches, but I thought it was the perfect home for my latest project - The Red Mare - which I found here.  It's the most delightful pattern and the lovely blog owner has offered it for free.

Well I must be off. I hope your weekend is as pleasant as mine.

Toodles . . . .  L  x  ♥

7 comments:

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Louise that is gorgeous! Thank you I have just found the perfect gift for my friend who collects Christmas ornaments.....just have to figure out how to do the second side to make it into a toy? Any ideas, my brain doesn't work thinking back-to-front! I keep nice tins for my sewing projects too :-)

Regula said...

Both the hores and the plate are lovely. And I love your new header!

marigold jam said...

Love the tin and the little cross stitch horse. Glad you are enjoying some autumn weather and it's a bit cooler there. Enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Louise said...

Thats lovely Louise. My weekend not so hot. Dog has torn her ear on barbed wire. We can't get it stitched until Monday. I am despirately trying to keep the bandage on. Sigh

Ms Premise-Conclusion said...

What a lovely tin! The horsey colours and the tin colours go so nicely together! Is the horse going to end up in a frame once he's all finished?

Felicity said...

oh the tin is gorgeous! what a lucky find, i love your stitching too!

Teje said...

Hi Louise! I just love your new header! Fantastic and beautiful patchwork!
Great findings!
xxx Teje