Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Quilt for Jasper

In case you were wondering, it was the dinner burning last night.  I'd like to blame a new cooker and a new saucepan, but the general consensus from the rest of the Gephart occupants is that my blog is to blame!  How dare they.  Anyway, I'm convinced it just a matter of time before blackened french fries are on the menu somewhere.
Speaking of my blog interrupting things around here, if you can believe it the Mister actually asked me as I was about to wrap this little quilt up if I'd taken a photo yet?  Without a touch of cheek, he was completely serious.  Shocking eh?  Of course, he did say it after I'd cooked the dinner, so being well fed he knew blogging wasn't going to get in the way of his stomach.
Actually, now i think about it, it was the Mister who chose the colours for this quilt.  Yes he did.  He was quite helpful last Friday evening in the fabric store. I don't believe he had an ulterior motive.  He's know to be helpful now and then and he knew this was a very important little quilt. 
You see this little quilt is for my bosses dog, Jasper.  Yes, yes, it's a little quilt for a very little dog.  And not the first quilt I've made for this sweet little pooch.  He's a love of a little dog and my boss adores him (often admitting she adores him more than her other half, but not in some weird creepy way, if you know what I mean?).  So making this little quilt was  a real pleasure and I'm 100% certain that Jasper (and his owner) will be well pleased.

Toodles... L x ♥

5 comments:

marigold jam said...

It's fabulous and if I ever managed to make something like that I would never let a dog nor even a child lie on it! I'd have it framed and kept pristine! I am seriously in awe of people who can make this sort of thing!

Louise said...

Lucky Dog!!!! Its gorgeous of course, I love the colours too.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

LOL I am sure my hubby blames everything that doesn't go his way on my blog! Nice little quilt for Jasper :-)

Teje said...

Hi Louise! I love this doggie quilt and those fabrics are so great! He is going to have sweet dreams on it!
Also your knitting looks beautiful and I'm happy to hear that you enjoy knitting!
xxx Teje

Lucy Caitlin Higham said...

What a lucky dog! The quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!
lucy xx