Sunday, October 30, 2011

Catching Up....

Actually, I'm not sure it's possible for me to catch up on anything these days, I have more projects on the run that I could be creating for the next 10 years it seems. If you dare, take a look at my current on-the-go nonsense:

:: My Sampler Blanket - which is coming along very nicely.  I love working on this blanket, the prospect of a different stitch each row is quite exciting. I've even managed to teach myself a few new fancy stitches.

 :: Granny Stripe Blanket - yes still a work in progress after more than a year (yikes).  To be honest I only work on this one when I catch it out of the corner of my eye and it makes me feel guilty.  I adore the colours and of course love the stripes and can't figure out why I find it such a chore.
 :: Sea Blue & Grey Ripple - after the disaster of a cardigan and the random purl row in the midst of all the garter stitch I did the least sensible thing EVER. I bought a ton of lovely grey wool and decided to have another go!!!! Like different wool would make a difference - WRONG. Well my second attempted lasted two days before it was thrown in the corner during a little temper tantrum.  In order to lift my spirits I decided to combine both lots of wool/yarn and get to work on a ripple, because there is nothing more soothing than rippling back and forth on a ripple. It's working and its taken my mind of building a little bonfire with my knitting needles.
 :: Little J Cascade Blanket - Yes you read that right, another blanket.  Well I haven't started it YET,although the wool is calling me......lovely Cascade 220 Heathers.
 So it appears I'm stocking piling again for some world blanket shortage.  However, if the weather we had yesterday were to continue for the winter, we're going to need all the blankets we can get.  I think we ended up with about 4 inches.
 Fortunately (or unfortunately for my blanket madness) the sun is shining today, although it's a wee bit chilly out.
Thank you for dropping by for a little visit today.  
I must be off as there are two big orange pumpkins ready to be carved as it's Trick or Treat night in our neighborhood tonight.

Happy Sunday!

Toodles . . . . L


9 comments:

Helsie said...

Oh we've even heard about your cold snap down here in Oz! Love all the blankets, I must muster my courage a try a ripple. At the moment I'm sewing about a million ends in a granny square blanket - my first one made of small squares. Never again !!
Cheers

Babajeza said...

I heard of the snow in the east cost of the states this morning on the radio. We are still having a beautiful fall.

Your blankets are lovely. Happy hooking.

Louise said...

I heard about your snow on the news this am and was worried for you. The blankets all look lovely. I will be right by your side at the knitting bonfire.

winkieflash said...

o_O You had SNOW already??? Oh my...
Love the yarn in the last picture btw, gorgeous colors together!
xo,
wink
ps The giveaway on my blog is about to end, but you can still enter! :)

millefeuilles said...

Oh LOOK at that photograph of your street! I love it! Those rooftops covered in snow. It makes me hanker for America and snow!

I am totally with you on the many projects on the go - in my head at the very least - at the same time. Your blankets fill me with awe. I am going to learn to crochet very, very soon.

Right now I am knitting up a storm (with the cold weather comes itchy fingers) and IF you have a moment I would love you to pop by and help me with a dilemma.

Warm wishes for a snowy Hallowe'en down your way.

Stephanie

Debi Y. said...

I love your sampler blanket - looks great. :)

Louise said...

Love the sampler blanket, lovely colours, I can see how you would be spurred on with that one, lots of variety. What cute houses you have down your street, with their porches.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Your WIP pile is like mine, I have a bad case of cast-onitis :-) Snow! You are going to need all those blankets.... and belated Happy Halloween!

Crochet with Raymond said...

Hi Louise! When I clicked on your blog I was amazed by your background and then scrolled down to this post (I haven't been an active blogger either these days I admit!) I am stunned and marvelling at your beautiful sampler blanket! It is a stunner! XXXXXXXXX