Monday, February 20, 2012

Just Around the Corner

Quiet times here, not much on the making/photo taking front.  I seem to get too caught up with searching the Internet for 'making' ideas and never starting and my new camera and I are still getting 'acquainted'.My little blog is suffering from my lack of making and the lack of daylight hours after work. 
I, I mean we (since the Mister did most of the hard work) had a very productive weekend in the garden tilling over the soil mud for some new raised beds.  I'm excited to get started and my little tomato seeds have sprung to life in the bay window.  
And this little lonely violet I found in my front garden this evening is getting me all excited about Spring!

Are you ready for Spring? 
I am. 
It may as well get on and be Spring since the Winter has been such a bust on the snow front.  Doesn't feel like a proper winter without a bucket load of snow.

Toodles...L x ♥

P.S. I am itching to try my hand at knitting socks. If any of you lovely ladies out there know of any super easy patterns, I sure would appreciate a link or two.  Thank you!  

3 comments:

Louise said...

Oh no you've left me behind then. Socks are the next step but a step too far for this Louise. We have very springy weather today which is lovely. So fed up of being cold.

Babajeza said...

I've just recovered from the cold weather and the broken pipes and don't dare think of spring. There is still a thick layer of snow on the meadows. Forthermore I'm going to a ski camp next week, which doesn't let me think of spring either. But with the beginning of March (very soon) and my birthday on the 7th, I will possibly think about my garden for the first time. Although we have had the nicest and most awful weather on my birthday. March is unpredictable.
I wish you luck with your tomatoes.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I've been seeing spring flowers popping up all over blogland :-)

The Yarn Harlot has a simple sock recipe if you have her kitting book otherwise just search 'basic sock' on Ravelry and there are so many. I'm pretty sure some even explain all the steps with pictures and they are free. I did lots of searching and reading to get my head around them. At the moment I am doing a plain version of the KAL sock that I am still finishing for January. The KAL sock is very complex in the pattern but the basic sock formula she uses is very easy. Remember Socks are addictive! :-)