Thursday, May 3, 2012

Owl & The Sun

Hello & Happy Thursday!

Thank it for stopping by for a little visit.

As you can see, it's a very sunny and unusually warm day here today.  We've been having some very sunny weather this last few weeks and I wish I could send some blue sky across the pond to England to those poor folks who have been inundated with the wet stuff.  We could actually use a few drops over here and would gladly take just a tiny sprinkling if you could send some this way?  Just enough so I don't have to water the veggie patch again this evening.

Last week my very lovely boss gave me these beautiful flowers for Administrative Professionals Day.  Every year she has this enormous wicker washing basket full of flowers delivered to my office and every year it surprises me.  My boss is a lovely and very generous lady.  I've worked with her for 16 years now and couldn't ask for a better boss. 
 Now I *think* these tiny and ever so sweet flowers are called "Lantana", but I'm not certain.  Anyway, they are considered annuals in our area and never survive the winter.  But I remember back home (Western Australia) my Mum and an enormous bush of these flowers growing right outside the bathroom window. It must have been five feet tall and just as wide. I always marveled that one flower was actually made up of loads of tiny flowers changing colour from the centre out - AMAZING.
I've spent the evening popping a few of the flowers into my garden. Not all of them yet as they are not all ready to brave the elements.  If you can believe it there are 12 different types of flowers tucked into this basket - it's quite big
 On another note, I spent all day at work yesterday day dreaming this little bloke up in my head.  He's not quite as I envisioned, but perhaps his brother will be?

Again, thank you for stopping by. Your visits and lovely comments are ever so much appreciated.  They really do brighten my day.

I'm off to water my cabbages and carrots!

Toodles .... L x ♥

8 comments:

Helsie said...

Unfortunately Lantana was brought to Australia by some homesick settler who thought it was a pretty plant. It probably is, but now it is a scurge of the environment as it has taken over everywhere and is very difficult to remove. In lots of places the "bush" smell is no longer about eucalyptus and more about Lantana.
You are definately very lucky to have such a wonderful boss. It must make going to work so much more enjoyable to know you are appreciated.
Cheers

Babajeza said...

I'm happy with my boss too. He sends me chocolate for birthdays and there is always a nice card.
Your happy owl is great. I'm looking forward to seeing his brother.

Louise said...

Wow! how sweet your boss is. Lucky you. Love the colour combinations for the owl. I bet you couldn't wait to get home from work that day to get sewing. Ive parcelled off a packet of rain just for you, after all weve had loads!!!
louise x

Louise said...

Will you take some cold too? I love wol hes so cute.

Yvonne Moxon said...

What a beautiful gift, and a very kind boss, but Im sure you are very desrving of it :) Your owel is lovely too, I too make things in my head when i cant get into my studio and sometimnes when i should be drifting off to sleep!

Yvonne Moxon said...

What a beautiful gift, and a very kind boss, but Im sure you are very desrving of it :) Your owel is lovely too, I too make things in my head when i cant get into my studio and sometimnes when i should be drifting off to sleep!

Yvonne Moxon said...

What a beautiful gift, and a very kind boss, but Im sure you are very desrving of it :) Your owel is lovely too, I too make things in my head when i cant get into my studio and sometimnes when i should be drifting off to sleep!

Tea at Weasel's said...

Oh... I LOVE your owl, he is sooo cute!!! Gorgeous flowers too :)

Thank you for the kind comment on my granny cushion and patchwork!

Happy sunday to you
Louise xx