Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Sewing Dress

I have had an unbelievably productive day today, for a Sunday. No lazing around for me. I've been up since 6:20am and have managed a Mega Sewing Sunday!  In addition to the dress below I've made some lovely soft PJ's pants for myself, lopped the legs off some old pants of Little J's so he can wear them as shorts to play in and I've hemmed some curtains I made two weeks ago(not done yet with those, but nearly).  I won't bore you with photos of those items, but I'm so pleased with my dress that I just had to post some photos.
And here is the dress I made! I'm so happy with the way it turned out, even if it looks like a bit of a sack.
 I actually bought the pattern at Wally World (that's Wal-Mart/Asda)for a whopping 99 Cents.  It's call Simplicity Sew Simple E2004.  It was ridiculously easy and quick to make. 
In fact, I'm so happy with the way it turned out, I've even included the incredibily bad self portrait photo of me actually wearing it!! I won't tell you how many photos I had to take before I got one that isn't too terrifying.

The pattern calls for it to be worn with a belt, but I prefer it tunic style.  I think it will be super comfortable on those long hot humid summer days.

Hope you had a lovely weekend and got up to something fun.

Toodles...L x ♥

P.S. You can actually get a sneak peek of the curtains in my last photo.  Lovely fabric I bought at Ikea a couple of weeks ago.

5 comments:

Debi Y. said...

It's very nice - if I saw it in a store, I would buy it. Great work. :)

Yvonne Moxon said...

Wow you have been busy! Nice curtains and I love your dress, the style is great. Will have to look out for that pettern, I expect its going to get lots of use :) how much fabric does it use?

Louise said...

The dressmaking bug is spreading, It looks lovely. what a nice outfit, and quick results. Love the curtains, its ages since I went to an Ikea, know what you mean about the self portrait.
louise x

Louise said...

Wow you are a busy bee. I love the frock its very trendy.

Tea at Weasel's said...

Wow, you clever (and busy) thing you!! I would wear your dress, it is very me, I adore the fabric... And I would wear it tunic style too I think. You look great!!!

Have a great week xxx
Louise