Thursday, May 17, 2012

To The Windy City!

I won't bore you with alot of Navy Graduation photos or talk. To be honest, there aren't that many on my camera, the batteries went kaput 15 minutes into graduation - just my luck.  Here are few though, just for the blogging record - I love to look  back over old posts to remember....

Arriving in Chicago on the most glorious day - scrambling for money to pay yet another toll! 
(Please excuse the bug carnage on the windshield)

 Getting ready to cross the Skyway - Good job I was occupied with my camera, or I might have been a bit scared, not that fond of bridges.
 Look at 'em big tall buildings - we don't have those back at the Gephart Patch.
 Crawling through the city - fortunately the buildings and greenery occupied me while the Mister dealt with the traffic jam.  Loads of old brick buildings and fancy new skyscrapers and beautiful flower gardens.
 Graduation is getting ready to start - camera batteries are dying.  My boy is in the back somewhere under the screen with the 'X' on it.  Apparently he could see us, but we couldn't see him.
 Hanging out by Lake Michigan, waiting for the Navy Man to check in for school/training.  It was one cold and blustery day!  We were spoilt on graduation day with sunny weather, but were prohibited from taking any photos outside of the graduation hall on the base, so no lovely photos with pretty blue skies - phooey on National Security (not really).
 After 324 attempts I finally got a photo of Mr. Seagulls face.   He was apparently camera shy.  He looks annoyed, doesn't he?
 Lovely little cafe by the water, unfortunately it wasn't open.  The Mister and Little J scurrying back to the warmth of the car.
 And the Navy Man himself.  Looking smart in yet another uniform.  He was pretty annoyed with me at this point - taking photos, telling him how smart he looked, hugging him and doing annoying Mum things.  No more photos after this...

Middle J has already been assigned to his ship and we are most fortunate that it's not on the other side of the country.  Just far away enough for him not to be pestered by us too often. ☺

Toodles...L x ♥

P.S.  I promised to post more crafting and less Navy Man stuff. My cardigan is coming along a treat!  I'm off for to knit some more rows...

6 comments:

Babajeza said...

Deep in his heart, your navy man loves the "annoying mum things". ;-)

Debi Y. said...

Congrats to your son on his graduation. You must be so proud. :)

Louise said...

It looks cold, I bet the Mister was cold in his shorts. Congratulations to your son, What a proud moment for you all.
louise x

Louise said...

Lovely stuff Louise. These boys never learn, fight the Mummy cuddles and they go on longer, give in to one and its over sooner. xx

Sarah said...

Congratulations!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

How exciting and congratulations to Navy Man, doesn't he look handsome! Looks like it was a lovely trip and yes Mr Seagull does looked rather pissed off :-)