Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Flowers and Stripes - Felted ♥ Bag

Happy Tuesday and thank you for stopping by....
A little bag ♥ love today.



I've not had much success to date on the felting front. I popped this bag through the washer just once on hot and it felted a tiny bit. Serious consideration was given to putting it through again, but I decided not to risk it.  It felted a wee bit, the handle more than the bag itself.  Anyway, I'm thrilled with it.  Its just made from scraps of left over wool from various projects, so no money spent other than a few pennies I used to buy the 'D' rings to attach the strap. I even used two on the strap so it could be adjustable, but you can't see that so much in the photo.  I swear I took more photos, but these were the only ones on the camera.  I even remember to put a little 'key keeper' in when I lined the bag, much to Little J's relief.  I am utterly hopeless at keeping track of my keys.

Toodles.....
L x ♥

8 comments:

lovestitch said...

Oh this bag is amazing!!! I love the colors and small strips so! And your lining is adorable! Beautiful work - no wonder how thrilled you have been!!! :) xo

marigold jam said...

It's lovely you have every reason to be happy with it.

Louise said...

Just gorgeous well done you. I especially like the flowers.

Louise said...

Like this one alot. I too cannot manage to felt, Ive boiled in an old pan, and washed in a machine. However my friend can felt without even trying!!
louise x

Pearly Queen said...

What yarn did you use? It has to be pure wool and not superwash... I once bought some pure merino which did NOT say it was superwash, and it would not felt at all.My best success was with Rowan Colourscape chunky which felted beautifully - so much so I worry about the scarf I knitted in it for my son...

...Tabiboo... said...

How sweet - I love the gingham lining.

Nina x

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Your bag is gorgeous and I love the key keeper....I need one of those! Sometimes the felting process can take up to four washes or 20-30 mins, I usually set my machine onto the fast agitate settign and just keep checking at the end and restarting it if Its not as felted as I like. Its surprising and all wool is different. Love the flowers too :-)

Teje said...

Hi Louise! Your new bag is so beautiful and the inside is also so sweet! x Teje