Monday, August 27, 2012

My 200 Squares Quilt :: Finished!

Actually it's only 196 squares, but I cut out 200 if anyone is counting. 
My little assistant... 
 Loads of hand stitching finally done....phew!!!

Just one more photo a.k.a. torturing Little J......
 Sally follows me everywhere, especially to the bedroom.  She loves to get under the covers to hide and sleep her days away.  Each morning she goes from room to room 'unmaking' the beds to find her comfiest spot - bit like Goldilocks.  But with a face like that, how can I be mad?
It almost fits my bed....almost....and Sally is contemplating her dive beneath the covers. 
 
This quilt is made entirely from my stash.  I love to buy fat quarters when they go on sale for a dollar.  The edge is made from fabric I found on clearance for $2 a yard.
 
I l♥ve this quilt!
 
 
Toodles...L x ♥

8 comments:

Babajeza said...

Great quilt. :-)

Louise said...

Its beautiful Louise, so much work. Our last dog liked to duvet dive too.

Louise said...

Its lovely and cheerful. Its amazing what can be achieved with a few scraps of material and a lot of patience.
louise x

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Oh my that is gorgeous! What a lot of stitching and it is all so neat. Love all the colours and the border is almost like sashiko, matches your stitching perfectly. I love it too....well done :-)

marigold jam said...

Wow that's beautiful! I am inspired to have a go myself and you know how difficult I find patchwork!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Louise! You have made so beautiful quilt! Fantastic colours and great design! x Teje

Yvonne Moxon said...

Wow this is so colourful and beautiful, lucky you with your bargain buy fabrics! :)

Karin said...

how beautiful and I love the stash busting part too. super beautifully made with such heart put into it. Thanks for this post.