Tuesday, September 25, 2012

On the go...In my basket

The light is fading fast these days. Autumn is definitely upon us.  The nights are getting very chilly and I can feel the end of the year drawing close.  I love this time of year. I love sitting on my front veranda enjoying the cool evenings.  Taking one of my many project baskets out into the cool evening and working on one of my many many projects.
Would you like to see the current items in my various W.I.Ps. baskets?
Another scarf.  Intended for my boss' birthday, but not yet finished.  Her birthday is long past.
 My diagonal stripe blanket. I routinely fall in and out of love with this blanket. The colours are iffy and the pattern isn't very fluid - meaning the stitches don't flow very easily, if that makes sense?  I contemplated abandoning it, but Big J said he liked the colours, so I persist in the hope it will live on his bed.


A few little knitted squares made from left over granny stripe yarn.  I pick this up when I am bored with all my other projects and need something mindless to work on.  It's perfect crafting whilst watching Doc Martin or Midsomer Murders.  I never seem to be able to just sit and watch the TV anymore, my hands always have to be doing something.  

My scrap blanket.  Made entirely from scraps occasionally emerges from its  little tartan suitcase.  I frequently forget about this project. I've started edging it, but have decided it's too small and needs more squares.  Now I look at the photo I don't know why I forget about this project so much, it really is quite lovely.
 Ahhhh.....my FAVORITE project.  A lovely tea leaves cardigan.  I'm really starting to get the hang of this knitting business.
 This is lion brand tweed stripes yarn. Snugly soft with a tiny hint of stripey goodness.
 Last, but not least my ripple.  Make from the yarn I purchased for two failed cardigan attempts.  I know I'm going to need more yarn to make this a decent size blanket, so I'm eeking out the yarn I have by only working on it occasionally. I love the ripple pattern (by Lucie @ Attic24 of course).  It has such a soothing rhythm.
Well that's it!  Mostly yarny projects on the go right now.  Far too many of course, but that's how I roll.  It used to bother me that I had so many going at once, but now I just accept that it must be the way I like things?
 
Toodles...L x ♥
 

6 comments:

marigold jam said...

All beautiful. Lucky you to be able to sit outside just now its cold and wet here at the moment but in the conservatory it's OK. I must get some knitting and/or crochet on the go - maybe make a blanket from all the yarns in my stash. Thanks for inspiring me.

Louise said...

Oh Yes, the knitting season is upon us. I like the stripy blanket, I hope you persevere with it.
Who cares how many projects we have on the go, after all variety is the spice of life :-)
louise x

Babajeza said...

Great wips, all of them. Happy crafting!

Regula

Louise said...

Ooooo theyre all so lovely, the diagonal one is my fave, I think the colours are yum.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Louise! You have so many beautiful projects going on! I love that jacket, shawl and blanket - I would like to add all of them to my to do list!
Your sewing machine quilt-cover is really cute!
Happy weekend! x Teje

Two Wednesdays said...

Looking lovely - all of them! I like the stripwy blanket it too - I am sure J will be more than happy with it on his bed.