Thursday, September 13, 2012

Soothing Sky - Autumn Evening

Just a few quiet words this evening....
 
I've been sitting in the back garden, enjoying the mildest of weather - autumn is almost here.
 
Enjoying the sound of children playing, but quietly trying to hide.

Peaking out from my back garden, knitting a few lines and looking up at the sky.
 
Trying ever so hard to slow my heart beat, which has been quicken by a stressful day.

A day that has challenged my protective motherly instincts and caused me to shed a few tears.
Please tell my why, that even after 20 years of mothering my boy, I still cannot let go, I still cannot resist the urge to pull him under my wing and protect him from the world?
Why is it so hard to let them learn from their mistakes and not just fix it for them?
There has been a change of direction, a bit of a surprise, yet nothing I wasn't expecting....just adjusting to.
 
Toodles...L x ♥

5 comments:

Babajeza said...

Life provides a broken heart now and then.
I read a book when my boys were around 10 years old. The titel is "Mother, you are not good for me - Sons write to their mothers". The books is in German. It sure was an epiphany and I made a promise to myself: Letting them go when they are ready (and they make the first steps when they are little). We have to. It's better to shed a few tears for their sake.
Although, it's not easy. I know what you are going through. Hopefully, it helps to know that you are not alone.

Yvonne Moxon said...

I learned through my own mistakes while my children were still little. I promised myself that I would not ever hold them back in life because of my beliefs or understanding of life. I know that's not much help to you at the moment but I wanted to let you know that your not alone it gets a little bit easier, but we never stop caring, loving and shedding tears for them ....thinking of you x

Debi Y. said...

My children are 30 and 23 and I still feel the need to protect them. I believe we will feel that way until the end. Sending you good thoughts that everything will work out. :)

Louise said...

Oh louise. It's so hard being a parent at times, even harder to let go. You are not alone, we all have moments like you are experiencing. After all we are only human.
Louise

Brianna Asaro Photography said...

Hey there - I just found your blog today! And you know what's strange? We almost have the same last name!!! Except mine's with a B not a P!

Love your blog, can't wait to read more!