Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fourth of October

It seems likes the days of October are slipping by fast.  I looked forward to this month, the cooling down and the leaves changing but so far there have been few smiles in this house this October month. 

 
We said good bye to our sweet Jack Russell last Saturday, it brings tears to my eyes to type those words, even though I know he is in a better place now after a long difficult year. 
 
To try and keep the tears at bay, I've been buying pumpkins that remind me of home....I'd never seen an orange pumpkin till I came to this country.  I have intentions of making soup, or roast pumpkin, but so far the motivation to do so has evaded me.....

We've been fancying up the house with new windows...not so much to make it fancy, but to keep out the winter chill before the weather cools down too much.

 I've been sorting through Halloween scraps......
 Making halloween pinwheels.....with the best intentions of making a festive table runner for Little J's birthday.
 But the sadness keeps hanging on, my sewing was short lived and was quickly slung onto my now very messy sewing table.

I miss that little guy.
Sorry if this post is glum, but I have actually found it helpful to put these words down.
 
On a more cheerful note I've just found our my boy Middle J is coming home soon.  
Very soon. 
He's done babysitting those naughty folks in the middle east who can't behave, done floating around the Arabian Sea hunting pirates and sailing his way home on that big ship.  I can't say when, because he can't say when, but big thanks to Little J for being born on a 'special' day so his brother can cryptically tell me when!!!! 
 
I'm smiling now, thinking of seeing my boy again.  God love these blogs and the special 'therapy' they can provide when times get tough.
 
Thank you for listening, it means so much.
 
Toodles...L x ♥

P.S. Blogger has been a bit of a b*gger this evening with my photos.  So rather than fighting a losing battle, I've found lying on my side is helpful in viewing some of these photos ☺

4 comments:

Debi Y. said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss - I'm sending you a comforting ((hug)).

Babajeza said...

Good morning Louise

Sewing can wait, pumpkin can wait. There is the time to mourn and be unproductive.

I'm glad to hear that your son is coming home.
(This war thing makes me really nervous even if you call it baby sitting. It is VERY serious.)

All the best

Regula

marigold jam said...

The time will come when you can think of your little dog without the awful sadness but it is a dark tunnel you tread to reach that time - my thoughts are with you. Glad your boy will be home again soon and the sewing will wait. I am glad to see I am not the only one whose work space looks like that!

Louise said...

Oh Louise so sorry, I'm sending a big hug.I love your sewing it looks so festive.